I'd hire Ryan Gosling as my own personal driver and play these...

/ 1.11.11 /
I saw this  film yesterday called Drive starring Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan. A friend of mine suggested that it's a nice film because it has that bay leaf sign which they usually put on the posters. Yeah, that's how we choose which films to watch! haha Anyway, Drive is all about this Hollywood stunt performer (Ryan Gosling) who also makes a living as a hired gateway driver. He falls in love with Carey Mulligan who's married with an Italian ex-con and that's when conflict starts. I didnt like the film. While the visuals are feast for the eyes, the story didnt quite satisfy me. It's more of a genre-driven film where it showcases the neo-noir art house grind core inspirations which I am not a big fan of.  Surprisingly, tt has a lot of positive reviews and  Nicolas Winding Refn won the Best Director award from this year's Cannes Film Festival. What I do love about the film and the reason why I wrote this post was the soundtrack. Cliff Martinez is a genius! The scoring has that 80's europop electronic vibe with lots of stylized synthesizers and retro beats. It opens with Nightcall, a song by Kavinsky featuring Lovefoxxx of CSS.
 
 
Another awesome track is Under Your Spell by Desire.
 
 
But I must say, the highlight music of this film is A Real Hero by College featuring Electric Youth. I SUPER LOOOOOOVVE this song!

0 comments:

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines free counters
Banner_white

ARCHIVE

 
Copyright © 2010 INDIEBON, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger