Favorite OPM Songs of 2013 List

/ 9.12.13 /

2013 is probably one of the best years in local Filipino music. From genre defying sounds to risky mainstream pop songs, OPM has never been this diverse. Every day there are new bands being discovered or new songs being released. It’s insane! Sometimes, I couldn’t keep up already.

So, here’s a list of my favorite tracks from Filipino artists of 2013 (in no favorable order).

Ang Bandang Shirley - Polygonal Graphs
Although I haven’t heard the crowd favorite Tama Na Ang Drama, I declare that this is the best track from that album.


The Strange Creatures – Stargazer
Sweet and dreamy. I cannot wait for this band’s other releases next year. More of this please!


Slow Hello – You Know It’s You
Sob. I cry every time I listen to this song. It’s so beautiful, I loop this track from their recently released album Audio Baby a million times. :’(


No Rome - Dance with Me
This might sound a bit too late for the chillwave bandwagon but the 17 year old No Rome made it sound relevant to my ears. I just love how it makes me wanna go to the beach and…yeah, dance in the moonlight :p


Sheila and the Insects - Pretty Loser
The comeback single of the Cebu-based band. What happened to the new album, guys?


Moscow Olympics – Alphonsine
Everything about this band is a fave!


The SLEEPYH3ADS - Nights without You
This is such an unexpected sound from these guys. Such fragile and just gives you that feels.


Tradewinds Sailing Club - Marina Bay
#justhittheplaybutton


Spazzkid – Getting To Know You (wow Such Shoegaze Version)
40 winks was my initial fave from Spazzkid’s Desire album but this particular version of Getting to Know You changed my mind.


Always - Spirit Ocean
These kids know their indiepop!


Gio Puyat feat Kaye Matriano - Oh Hey
The great things we discover on Facebook. This track gives me such feel good vibes every time it plays on my itunes.


Bee Eyes - Someone Else
#instafave These guys just released this song a few days ago and it’s so good that it has to be on this favorite list.


Yeng Constantino - Chinito
I would be the last person to listen to Yeng Constantino. Not a big fan of her and her music but this track. This track!!!


Sarah Geronimo – Ikot-ikot
The pop princess’ finest!

3 comments:

{ OPM Songs } on: January 26, 2014 at 9:00 PM said...

Hello indiebon, just blog hopping here in your blog :) Nice choice of your 20 opm songs favorite. Well, me too I really like the song of Sarah Geronimo entitled Ikot-ikot.

{ OPM Songs } on: January 26, 2014 at 9:01 PM said...

If you have time I would like to invite you on my blog where I share different OPM Songs. I share different Original Pinoy music lyrics and video.

{ ann } on: June 23, 2015 at 1:36 PM said...

Best OPM songs lists. Some of them are my favorites too. :)

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines free counters
Banner_white

ARCHIVE

 
Copyright © 2010 INDIEBON, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger