ANALOG DIARY: Siem Reap, Cambodia 2013

/ 30.1.14 /
SIEMREAP024
Since I haven't developed my films from our Vietnam trip, I'm going to start my SE Asian backpacking series of posts with Siem Reap. Siem Reap is a province in the northwestern part of Cambodia. We traveled for more than 10 hours via a limousine bus from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I think there was a budget flight but we chose to rough it up a little bit and endure the long ride. Good thing the bus wasn't full so I got to have the two-seater by myself. It was all worth it.
SIEMREAP003
We stayed in a nice area where everything is a walking distance.
SIEMREAP006
One of the things that I loved about this place was the quaint restos and shops.
SIEMREAP004
The following morning, we decided to wonder around town. There were a lot of street stalls selling fruit shakes and this one uses yogurt instead of milk for only a dollar. BTW, US dollar is the main currency used here.
SIEMREAP008
Speaking of quaint shops. We saw this little shop in an alley selling interesting stuff from local artists.
SIEMREAP005
If you're tired from walking, street massage is offered here.
SIEMREAP007
Or if you're adventurous, you might wanna try this option.
SIEMREAP009
The Siem Reap river
SIEMREAP010
The Levenson Falls hahaha
SIEMREAP011
Here's my roommate, Ric.
SIEMREAP012
Lev and Ric
SIEMREAP013
Outside Angkor Wat.
SIEMREAP014
Angkor Wat's entrance.
SIEMREAP016
Palm trees can be found anywhere in Cambodia.
SIEMREAP015
SIEMREAP017
So now, we're inside an Angkor temple. We only visited three temples coz they all look the same...
SIEMREAP019
This wall, i think, shows the ancient history of this place.
SIEMREAP020
SIEMREAP021
SIEMREAP022
SIEMREAP023
SIEMREAP026
SIEMREAP027
Adorable white kids
SIEMREAP028
the most adorable of them all.
I still have one film roll for Siem Reap that needs developing. I hope that roll has interesting stuff I could post. :)

0 comments:

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines free counters
Banner_white

ARCHIVE

 
Copyright © 2010 INDIEBON, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger