MIXTAPE SUNDAY: Goodbye NU107

/ 7.11.10 /

Today's the last day on air of the only home of nu rock NU107 and Philippine radio will never be the same again without it. I am not a hardcore listener of NU, well not recently. But I must say, NU is one of the major influences that shaped my taste in music. It was NU who introduced me to an array of artists I never imagine I could discover in any other local radio stations. I can still remember the first time I saw Imago perform live in one of NU's Pocket Concerts and from then on, I became their biggest fan. 

Since it's usually NU's Remote Control Weekend, I made a playlist of the songs that I used to request. It was a challenge to have these songs get played on air coz I had to dial and redial for a hundred times just to get in the telephone line. These are the songs that got my ears glude on NU because it's the ony radio station that played these first and probably the only one who had these on their playlist.

Mottaka - Cheese
Alay - Imago
Moonchild - Cibo Matto
Into the Night - The Music
Over And Over Again (Lost And Found) - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Telepono - Sugarfree
Agent Orange - Slapshock
Dreamland - Daydream Cycle
Womb - Sugar Hiccup
Sabi Nila - Agaw Agimat
Kanlungan - Noel Cabangon
Drive by Kiss - Dambuilders
Overdue - The Get Up Kids
Inside of Love - Nada Surf
Girls Keep Secrets in the Strangest Ways - Ephemera
Somewhere In The Middle - Dishwalla
Salamat - The Dawn
Natutulog Kong Mundo - Wolfgang
Giyang - Razorback
Comfort In Your Strangeness - Cynthia Alexander
Butterfly Carnival - Sandwich
Shooting Star - Teeth
Buwan - Itchyworms
Jesus etc - Wilco
Just Like A Splendid Love Song - Orange And Lemons
Quick To Panic - Sheila And The Insects
Gusto Ko Ng Baboy - Radioactive Sago Project
High and Dry - Radiohead
Televators - The Mars Volta
3 Libras - A Perfect Circle

0 comments:

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines free counters
Banner_white

ARCHIVE

 
Copyright © 2010 INDIEBON, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger