FILM: Hirokazu Koreeda's Nobody Knows

/ 22.9.11 /
Just finished re-watching Hirokazu Koreeda's Nobody Knows and it's one of the most depressing films I've ever watched. Nobody Knows was about four children abandoned by their mother in a small Tokyo apartment and the film shows how these poor kids survived the challenges of being on their own. Why do Japanese love making bittersweet films? I thought it was a feel-good movie. But towards the end, something just happened that made my world crashed. So sad I wanna cry (no not really.) It was a such nice film, though. I love the naturalistic feel- very minimal and stoic. It feels like you're really there with actors. Nobody Knows was an official selection in 2004 Cannes Film Festival and Yûya Yagira won the Best Actor award.

0 comments:

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines free counters
Banner_white

ARCHIVE

 
Copyright © 2010 INDIEBON, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger