MGMT's Cover Art Revealed!

/ 20.2.10 /

This album art screams cowabunga and makes me even more excited for the forthcoming cd of MGMT! The cover art for Congatulations was made by artist  Anthony Ausgang known for his quirky cartoon art. I guess I have to wait until April 13 for the release and I just wish my pre-ordered CD arrive sooner than that!

Another interesting  about this album is MGMT will not be releasing any single from it that's according to their interview from NME.com. It supposedly a "complete body of songs rather than an album with standout singles."
 "We'd rather people hear the whole album as an album and see what tracks jump out rather than the ones that get played on the radio – if anything gets played on the radio!" Ben Goldwasseer explained.
So, we will not be hearing another 'Kids' or 'Electric Feel' on the album which makes it a complete 180 degree turnaround from the sound they are known for. We'll it's a bout reinventing, I guess and for me it's a good thing.

here's the live version of the title track of the album

0 comments:

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines free counters
Banner_white

ARCHIVE

 
Copyright © 2010 INDIEBON, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger