MUST LISTEN: Romantic Streams by Sleep ∞ Over

/ 23.8.11 /

We've been hearing a lot of chillwave bands lately and it's one of the genres that I really enjoy listening to as of the moment. When I was starting to discover the whole "indie" music scene back in high school, I was first exposed to the shoegaze/dream-pop sub-genre and I instantly fell in love with it. I was addicted to Cocteau Twins, My Bloody Valentine, The Stone Roses, Dead Can Dance and Trembling Blue Stars. My point is, probably because of the shoegaze influence this whole chillwave movement has that's why it's a delight to discover new bands with such sound. Sleep ∞ Over, on the other hand, is influenced by the music of the aforementioned bands and I am beyond ecstatic listening to their new track Romantic Streams. What sets Sleep ∞ Over apart from the bands under the same category (aside from their weirdly placed symbol in their name) is the raw emotion behind the soft, synth-coated, dreamy sound. Their debut LP Forever will be out on the 27 of September so check their website for more deets!

0 comments:

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines free counters
Banner_white

ARCHIVE

 
Copyright © 2010 INDIEBON, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger